Join or Renew Your American Whitewater
Membership and Get $10 Off
By Barry Adams
You read that correctly. Here is how it works. If you join or renew your AW membership through TRPC, you get a $10 discount off any of the AW membership levels. For example, a Standard $35 membership to AW would be $25 for a TRPC member. You can do this with the enclosed AW application through TRPC or use our new TRPC promotional code “CL10trcc” and join online at: www.americanwhitewater.org/membership
The only requirement is that you be a member of TRPC for 2006 so you do have to join or renew TRPC to get the $10 Affiliate Club Membership discount. AW will generate a member’s list using our unique code and TRPC will verify this. Not that anyone would be this dishonest for $10?
It is up to you. What ever is most convenient. However, if you join on-line it will be quicker and eliminate some additional handling and less work for TRPC volunteers. TRPC encourages all TRPC members to join AW. If you only join one other paddling organization outside TRPC, AW would be it.
In the local area AW is working or assisting on the following items, just to name a few:
- Gaining releases on Stonycreek river
- Obtaining additional releases on the Upper Yough
- Obtaining access to Ohiopyle Falls
Note, any renewal will be added on to your current membership. Yeah, I know a lot of you just renewed or joined in the last 6 months. Not a problem and let me make this perfectly clear: AW will take your new renewal (AW membership) and add the year to the end of your current membership. AW is different than TRPC, which runs its membership on a calendar basis. AW membership ends or starts on your anniversary date of membership.
Here are a number of points you want to keep in mind.
- There are a number of levels you can join. Pick one and deduct $10 except for the $25 Individual for Affiliate Club Members.
- Note you can pay for AW via Credit Card but not TRPC. Pay online using your credit card.
- If you pay for AW by check carry that amount over to our new TRPC membership application slot and write one check to TRPC or you can write two checks. One to AW and one to TRPC. It is up to you. If you write two checks or pay by credit card do not carry the amount over to TRPC. Is this making sense to you??? We will send your AW application to AW along with money.
- Remember all AW members get the AW Magazine, which is worth more than the membership. There is other cool stuff for higher levels for you high rollers.
- Remember send in both applications at the same time. We cannot let you join AW through TRPC without joining TRPC. Dah? The Discount is available all year or until AW ends this program.
If you have any questions regarding your membership you can contact Carla Miner, AW Membership Coordinator at: email@example.com